Your continued use of the EVP Site shall be deemed to constitute your acknowledgment of any such changes.
Our intellectual property rights
Access to and use of the EVP site
In accessing any part of the EVP site, you agree:
- that material contained in the EVP Site may be downloaded, viewed and printed for personal non commercial research and teaching purposes or internal circulation within your organisation only provided that no trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on such material are removed in whole or in part;
- not to use any extract from the EVP or research gained from access to the EVP in any way other than for personal non-commercial research and teaching purposes (for example in lectures, dissertations and doctoral theses), without the prior written consent of Cambridge University Press;
- that notwithstanding the above, further use of research gained from EVP may be made (including in presentations at external institutions or in commercial publications) subject to written consent being obtained in advance from Cambridge University Press. For the avoidance of doubt, ‘commercial publications’ shall include without limitation monographs, textbooks and contributed volumes, in any format, and any software programmes based on the EVP data intended to be produced, published and made available for sale by a publisher or like organisation;
- not to use the EVP Site in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of the EVP Site by other users;
- not to upload, display or transmit any materials through the EVP Site which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or which infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world;
- not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of the EVP Site or attempt to transmit to or via the EVP Site any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component;
- not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on the EVP Site and entered by or relating to any third party user of the EVP Site; and
You must include the following acknowledgement in any publication, presentation, research report or other product (whether commercial or non-commercial) that uses research based on the EVP:
This publication/presentation/research report has made use of the English Vocabulary Profile. This resource is based on extensive research using the Cambridge Learner Corpus and is part of the English Profile programme, which aims to provide evidence about language use that helps to produce better language teaching materials. See http://www.englishprofile.org for more information.
Term and termination
Where we have reasonable grounds to believe Content infringes copyright, is defamatory, obscene, unlawful, objectionable or otherwise does not satisfy the high standards required by us, we reserve the right to promptly remove, or disable access to, Content at any time.
Exclusions and limitations of liability
Owing to the nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee that the EVP Site or the websites to which it is linked will always be available to users. You should ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information on the EVP Site was accurate at the time of publication, it is subject to variation at any time without notice and we do not give any warranty that any such information will be accurate or complete at any particular time or at all.
The EVP Site and any information or other material contained in it are made available strictly on the basis that you accept it on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Where you rely on any information or other material contained in it, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of the EVP Site are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We exclude all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of the EVP Site or of any other website linked to it, or from reliance on the contents of the EVP Site or any material or content accessed through it.
Links from the EVP Site are provided for information and convenience only and we have no control over and cannot therefore accept responsibility or liability for the content of any linked third party website. We do not endorse any linked website.
Bribery and data protection
Cambridge University Press acts in accordance with the UK Bribery Act 2010 and the Data Protection Act 1998.
Please refer to the relevant policies, (http://www.cambridge.org/policy/privacy/), which may be revised from time to time.